Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Query: SCHWALBE/GORDON of Lake County

Query: I am looking for information/death notice/death certificate of my great-uncle, Rudolph Schwalbe, who was born on March 19, 1896 and died on October 25, 1903 at age 7 1/2 in Clarke Station (Gary), Lake County, Indiana. He is buried in Waldheim Cemetery in Gary. He was the son of Hugo and Bertha Schwalbe.

I am also interested in finding out if the grave of my aunt Lucille Gordon (born 1918 and died 6 months later in 1918) has ever been recorded in the Waldheim Cemetery. I am told that she was buried near the graves of the Schwalbe's. I have found their graves but not hers. Can you please let me know if there is a mention of her on any of the Waldheim listings before 1958? I would also like to know if anyone is in charge of taking care of that cemetery and if so, who I might contact.

Submitted by:
Sheryl Cseke
2954 W. 74th Ave.
Merrillville, IN 46410
sheri53@sbcglobal.net

1 comment:

  1. Sheryle,
    You can order the death cerificate from the state Board of Health. If a reading of the cemetery was done before 1958 by the DAR Lake and Porter county libraries would have a copy of it on their shelves. Either library can be contact by using "Ask the Librarian" button on their websites. As for who takes care of the cemetery you might want to contact the township trustee.
    Marlene Polster
    Lake County Genealogist

    ReplyDelete