[Thanks to Dick Eastman for pointing us to this article.]
News for all those interested in Indiana genealogy. See our site at IndianaAncestors.org.
Monday, April 19, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Virtual Events Can Be Attended From All Over
3rd Annual Research Your Way to Genealogy Answers Virtual Conference
Saturday, June 5, 2021
The past virtual conferences were very successful and had great attendance.
Speakers will be talking about the following:
Research Over My Shoulder: A Practical Guide to Researching Your Ancestors (Devon Noel Lee) How To Effectively Research Newspapers For Your Ancestors (Lisa Lisson) How to Research German Ancestors from the US to their Hometown (Miles Meyer) Dissecting a Civil War Pension Record-Union & Confederate (Jill Morelli)
The online sessions will begin at 10am Eastern Time on Saturday, 5th June 2021. Some answers to common questions that people have asked us:
1. Yes, the sessions are live. These are not pre-recorded, so if you have questions, then please ask them in the chat during any of the sessions and we'll get them answered.
2. Yes there are door prizes.
3. No, you don't have to be watching the live presentations to win (although we hope you do), everyone who is registered will be eligible to win the door prizes.
4. Yes, recordings of the sessions will be available for 30 days after the virtual conference so even if you can't make the live session, register so that you can watch the recordings.
5. Yes we use our webcams. You don't have to watch slides all the time. You also get to see people.
6. Yes, this event is open to anyone who wants to register. No need to travel or even change out of your pajamas if you don't want to.
As with past events there will be a 5th hour panel discussion where you can ask questions about any of the topics or even anything else related to genealogy and research. Early bird registration is only $19.99 until May 22nd. The regular registration price is $24.99. Learn more at the website (https://www.familyhistoryfanatics.com/researchconference) and register today.
Thanks, Andrew & Devon
Family History Fanatics Humble, TX | 346-704-1433
(Thanks to IGS Corresponding Secretary Janet Mobley for this item.)
Monday, April 12, 2021
Fort Wayne ANG Project Moving Right Along
Two years ago IGS loaned out one of our large scanner/laptop units to the 122nd Fighter Wing retirees to scan their old records and artifacts. We just received the following update on that project--
Hi Ron and Curt, The Air National Guard project is coming along nicely. So far we've digitized about 23,000 images. It's been a stop and start kind of project since the pandemic hit, but I took boxes and boxes of negatives home with me before everything closed down in March 2020, so as time has allowed I've been busy scanning and digitizing the pictures and records.
Hopefully once we get all of our volunteers back at The Genealogy Center we will wrap up the project sometime here in the next year. I attached a short article from the Journal Gazette that ran the other month. Thanks for asking! Michael Vorndran