Monday, August 29, 2016

Query: Smith, Pinson, Vermillion/Vigo Counties



            I have been searching for my father's birth record, Howard Andrew SMITH. His parents were Ethel May PINSON and Roy H. SMITH. Common knowledge says he was born 11 May 1906.  Family says he was born in Clinton, Vermillion County, Indiana.
            Years ago, he told me he was born in Libertyville, Vigo County, Indiana. I have found no record for him in either of those counties. His mother's parents, Andrew J. PINSON and Nancy A. WARD were living in Stratton Township, Edgar County, Illinois in 1900, and I'm wondering if his mother, Ethel May PINSON may have gone to her parents in Stratton for the birth, as Howard was her first child.
            If anyone can shed some light on this mystery, I would very much appreciate the help.

Pat Deutsch
5905 Seward Park Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98118
pldeutsch44@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment