Monday, August 1, 2016

Query: Dolly Hunter Wedler, Allen County



            I live in Scotland in the UK and my dad is now age 81 and would like to get in touch with his cousin from Edinburgh Dolly Hunter. She married Mr. William LeRoy Wedler; he was from Fort Wayne, Indiana.
            I have a copy of Dolly and William’s wedding certificate and they were married in Edinburgh in October 1945, straight after the 2nd World War ended; he was age 20 and she was 18. He would have been born around 1925.
            We don’t know if they had any children. We hope they did and we can get in touch with them. Dolly’s proper name was Dolina. Her mum and dad were Margaret and Jim Hunter who emigrated to Fort Wayne too, and then they retired to Fort Lauderdale in Florida. Margaret and Jim will now be dead a long time but we really hoped that Dolly is not dead and she would be age 89.
            I really hope you can help me or point me in the right direction. William LeRoy Wedler was in the US military and took part in the 2nd World War. That is how he met Dolly; he must have been stationed in Scotland for her to have met him.
            As I’m in Scotland, I don’t know who to get in touch with in the U.S. to search for this information. I also don’t know if Dolly and William moved to Fort Lauderdale too with her mum and dad.
            My dad remembers his mother and father getting letters from Margaret and Jim in the 1950’s and 60’s from Fort Lauderdale.

Thank you so much for reading this,
Yours sincerely,

Mhairi Rodger (John McColl’s daughter)
Fakirk, Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment