Sunday, November 4, 2012

Query: SCHULTZ/WAGNER/MORGAN/SIMMON of Tippecanoe County

I'm hoping someone might suggest an approach for finding information about my paternal ancestors with the surname SCHULTZ.  

My great-great grandfather Francis SCHULTZ (possibly Franz in his German days?) is said to have emigrated from Hesse, Germany to Pennsylvania in 1848, at the age of around 15.  He is said to have farmed for most of his life in the Wabash River valley west of Lafayette near Independence, Pine Village and Riverside.  He is thought to have died around 1899.
    His second wife Elizabeth WAGNER came from Darmstadt.  Their two sons were George and Frank.
    I hope to find some information that would enable me to trace the connection to Schultzes in Germany.
   Succeding generations are as follows:

George Carter SCHULTZ (b. March 26, 1863, m. March 29, 1888 to Bina Elizabeth MORGAN [b.Jan 15, 1870; d. Sept. 8, 1940], d. September 6, 1944, resided Riverside, IN.)

His son, my grandfather, was Archie Francis SCHULTZ (b. March 31, 1889; m  July 2, 1918 [Lucille Annette SIMMON, b. July 2, 1894, d. Sept. 19, 1967], d. Feb. 1, 1962, resided Fremont, OH.)

I would be grateful for any suggestions you have for researching my Indiana relatives.

Thanks so much,
Susan Thorne
185 College Street
Kingston, Ontario
Canada   K7L 4L9

susan.thorne@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment