Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Queries: EYER/FRETZ of Elkhart County

I am researching my family tree and have hit a stopping point in Elkhart County, Indiana.  My last name is EYER and I have traced my tree to a Henry EYER (my great-great-great grand father) who lived in Olive Township in 1860 according to census records.  He is from Canada and was born approximately in 1819 and was married to Mary FRETZ w children John, George, Sarah and Isaac.  I recently looked through the entire census record for Olive in 1860 and found several other EYERS that were also from Canada, including a second Henry EYER who was born approximately in 1805.  Other EYERS from Canada with approximate birth dates are:  Michael EYER 1835, Jeremiah EYER 1831, Jacob EYER 1842 and Christian EYER 1833.  Unfortunately, I haven't located a family tree with these EYERS or any other historical information.  I assume they are connected but I have hit a dead end from my own line with "Henry from Canada".  
Henry Eyer
3100 Stratford Green Lane
Avondale Estates, GA 30002
eyerh66@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment