Sunday, September 23, 2007

Query: Farr of Wayne County

I am searching for the naturalization papers of my ancestor, John Farr. According to his gravestone, he was born 2 November 1836 (we think in Wales) and died 7 September 1875 in Hamilton, Butler County, Ohio, where he is buried. He was married to Louise Feight in Richmond, Wayne County, Indiana on 27 July 1868 (I have a copy of the marriage license, obtained from the Wayne County Clerk of Courts office).

There was another John Farr, whose naturalization papers I did obtain, but his birthdate does not match the one on my ancestor's gravestone. Also, it indicates that he was from Prussia, not Wales. The Wayne County Clerk of Courts office has no record of another John Farr other than the one who was from Prussia.


Marcia Farr
farr.18@osu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment