Monday, September 24, 2007

Query: Gardner of Vigo County

I am looking for information on Elijah Thomas Gardner (born about 1842 in Indiana) who lived in Linton Township, Vigo County, Indiana in the 1870 census. He had a wife Elizabeth (born about 1847 in Kentucky) and children Sarah E. (born about 1865 in Indiana), Amanda J. (born about 1868 in Indiana) and Charles (born about April 1870 in Indiana). I am wondering what happened to him. I was told that all his family died close together and only young son Charles survived. Did they die from cholera?

Also, I would like to know when Elijah Thomas Gardener and Elizabeth got married. I found in a marriage index for Vigo County that a Charles Gardner (age 25) married an Ethel Burgan on July 28, 1895, and it listed his father as T. and his mother as Elizabeth Blair. This appears to correspond with a Thomas Gardner who married Elizabeth Blair on November 7, 1861 in Vigo County. Is he the same as my Elijah Thomas Gardner?


Frances Henderson
P.O. Box 1307
Vigo Park, TX 79088
franhenderson@midplains.coop

No comments:

Post a Comment