Saturday, May 23, 2015

Query: James Sims/Catherine Chaves, Vigo/Newton Counties



            I am interested in information regarding James and Catherine Chaves-Sims. James was born in North Carolina in abt. 1828. He was a barber. He might have lived in Kentland, IN, before 1849. He married Catherine Chaves in Terre Haute, IN, in 1849. I do not have burial or a death date for him. I would appreciate any help you can provide.
            Catherine Chaves was also born in North Carolina abt. 1830. She probably died in Kentland after 1907. I do not have a death date or burial information about her. They were my great-grandmother and great-grandfather. They were both African-American.
            Thanks in Advance,


Winton D. Jones Jr. 
452 Brooklawn 
Banning, CA 92220
wdj1464@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment