Thursday, March 17, 2011

Query: PICKERING / FARR / HENLEY of Johnson and Rush Counties

Looking for informatin on Charles PICKERING b. 1868 in Blue River, Johnson County, IN m. Lilly FARR (b. 1877) in 1920. Charles had two sisters Julia B. b. abt 1865 and Rosa b. abt 1873, all were living with Enos and Carrie HENLEY in the 1880 census in Ripley, Rush County, IN. I believe that Enos and Carolyn PICKERING were the parents of Charles, Julia B. and Rosa. I would appeciate any help that would be given on this family.

Juanita Pickering Vautor
P.O. Box 224
Belfrade Lakes, Maine 04918
dvautor@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Juanita,
    I had some free time so I researched this for you Charles, Julia A, and Rosa J Pickering were the children of Enos Pickering and Sarah Caroline "Carrie" Wadlington (her maiden name is also spelled as Waddleton, Wadington and Washington so I'm unsure at this point of the correct version.)After Enos Pickering's death Sarah Caroline married Enos Henley (she was his 2nd marriage). I'll email you with the rest of the info and grave photos etc.

    Deborah Gentit Vierno
    Ancestral Research
    deborah.vierno@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juanita Pickering VautourMay 7, 2011 at 4:40 PM

    Thank you so much for doing this research.If you know of anyone who could help me find Enos Pickering's father, I would be so grateful. I do understand that there may be a fee involved and am prepared to pay for this research.I am very curious in what cemetary you found Enos and would love to see the pictures.

    Again, thank you so much for your kindness. Juanita Vautour
    dvautour@aol.com

    ReplyDelete