Sunday, August 15, 2010

Query: MOCKERMAN/MAUGHERMAN/BECHTEL

My dad Adam Mockerman was born in 1896 and died in 1959. He told me his mother Lilly Bechtel Mockerman or Maugherman was born in 1873 in Indiana and that she had 2 children that died very young or were still born. I’m told Lilly was killed in 1903 however I have not located anything to collaborate this.

My Grandfather is Adam Maugherman. I believe changed his name to Mockerman. My Great-Grandfather is Adam Maugherman who was married to Elizabeth ?(maiden name unknown) who lived to be 108 years old and is buried in Pleasant Lake Cemetery.

Any help with these people would be greatly appreciated.

Vic Mockerman
201 Miner St.
Bensenville, IL 60106
ilmjpray@msn.com

1 comment:

  1. Her father was John Maugherman. From her death record at Steuben county, Indiana. He was a private in Captain Gilbert's company Ohio during the War of 1812.

    ReplyDelete