Monday, July 27, 2009

Query: DARROUGH of Montgomery County

Query: I have discovered some exciting reading material--the personal diaries of my great-grandfather, John Thomas Darrough, of Shannondale, Montgomery County, Indiana. There are 48 diaries total, spanning from 1867 (when he was 22) to 1921 or so.I am having so much fun reading his daily farming life story--it's really detailed. He mentions LOTS of local people and events. I am interested in finding out anything about my great-grandfather, and would appreciate somebody pointing me in the right direction. I'd like to find his birth record, but I don't know where he was born. I also know he was a Ruling Elder at Bethel Presbyterian Church near Shannondale.

Thanks so much!

Submitted by:
Diane Yi
9863 SW 223 St.
Trimble, MO 64492
dianeyi7@hotmail.com

1 comment: