Friday, December 19, 2008

Query: RYAN/MAHER of Daviess County

I am looking for information on Stephen Leo Ryan who was born circa 1848 and came to the United States circa 1864. I know he ended up in Washington, Daviess County, Indiana and married Catherine Maher (born 18 August 1887), the daughter of John Maher and Mary Lance.
Stephen and Catherine (Maher) Ryan later moved to Craighead County, Arkansas, along with 5-7 children. Both Stephen and Catherine died and are buried in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
I was told that Stephen Ryan and his 2 brothers came from Tipperary, Ireland. I do not know the brothers' names, or if they all came to the United States at the same time or even settled in the same area of Indiana as Stephen. I am not 100% sure Stephen's middle name was Leo, but both his son and grandson were named Stephen Leo Ryan.
Submitted by:
Carol Ryan Cannon
616 Sheridan Dr.
Chaffee, MO 63740

No comments:

Post a Comment