Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Query: Denend/Pfautz of Huntington County

I am looking for information on Jerusha Denend (also may be spelled as Denand/Dinand/Denning/Demming) who was born about 1820 in Indiana. She married Peter Pfautz (also may be spelled as Foutz/Fouts) on 13 March 1839. Family lore says that the daughters of Peter and Jerusha were of Cherokee blood. Peter's family was from the area of Bavaria, Germany and settled in Pennsylvania so I am now wondering about Jerusha's side of the family. Can anyone tell me what Cherokee tribes were in Indiana circa 1830, especially in the Huntington County area? And how would I go about finding her original tribal name? One of Jerusha's daughters was my mom's great-grandmother. Thanks so much for your help with this puzzle.

Contact:
Coleen Coleman
550 Jefferson St.
Lander, WY 82520
E-mail: wyoeagle@webtv.net

No comments:

Post a Comment