Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Query: William Osborn, Boonville, Indiana


            I have a copy of the U.S. Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963 showing William Osborn who served in the Revolutionary War, died 5 Apr 1835, and was buried on a farm in Boonville, Indiana. A Mrs. Forsythe of Newburgh, Indiana applied for a military marker on 30 July 1935.

            Would you have any records on where William Osborn was buried in the area.

BIRTH 10 JAN 1764 • North Carolina, USA DEATH 5 APR 1835 • Troy, Fountain, Indiana, United States (my 5th great-grandfather.)

            I would like to see his grave when I am back in the area, I grew up in Hoopeston, Illinois and have been researching my father's side - Etherton.  Thank you for any information you may have.  I did check the list of Revolutionary War Veterans who are buried in the state of Indiana compiled by the Inidana Society NSDAR and did not find him there. 



Christine Etherton Ruth

4704 W. 11th Street

Greeley, CO 80634



No comments:

Post a Comment