Sunday, May 21, 2017

Query: Merrimon Straughn, Henry County


            Merrimon Straughn was my 4th-great grandfather.  He was married to Hannah Vickery, daughter of Jehu Vickery and Lydia Levenwood Leonard, who I believe were Quakers. Our family records indicate the station in Dudley Township, Henry County, was named after Merrimon, now known as Straughn, IN.  Supposedly, they were inn keepers of Straughn's Station. 

            For more info on this family, where would you suggest I look?  I have located digital images of both of their gravestones.  


Virginia Bright Brooks



1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Brooks! I am the county genealogist for Henry County. A good place to start your search is the Henry County Historical Society & Museum (www.henrycountyhs.org) and also the public library (www.nchcpl.org). I am also a volunteer at the Museum; we will be open Wednesday through Saturday this week. I'll check to see what I can find for you! :)

    ReplyDelete