Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Query: Friedrich and Maria Nienstedt, Dearborn County



I am searching for information about Friedrich and Maria Nienstedt. Immigrated to the US from Germany in 1855. According to the New Orleans Passenger List, Friedrich was 52, so born ca 1803 in Germany. Maria was 50, so born ca 1805 Germany. With them on the ship were son, Fritz, age 22, daughter Sophia, age 15 and son Johan, age 12.
The 1860 census shows them in Manchester, Dearborn County, IN, with sons, Frederich and Johan. Sophia has married Fredrick C. Schmall/Small and moved to Adams, Ripley Co., IN. I have not located their son, Fritz after 1860.
                I am interested in finding 1870 census information on Friedrich, Maria and Johan Nienstedt. I also am interested in death/burial information on Friedrich, Sr. and Maria Nienstedt.
I am a descendent of the younger Johan Nienstedt whose name was John Robert Nienstedt. I have much information on him and his spouse and descendants, but I lack information on his parents.

Sharon Schmitz
2039 No. Geyer Rd
St. Louis MO 63131
314-984-8354

No comments:

Post a Comment