Monday, October 14, 2013

Query: Elizabeth Crable/Grable, Vigo County



                I'm a member of the Santa Barbara County (CA) Genealogical Society, and my roots are Illinois.
I'm researching William H. Farris, my g-grandfather, who was born in Virginia, 1823, and who married Elizabeth Ann Crable/Grable on July 1, 1847 in Vigo County, Indiana.  
                Online I was able to learn this, and the marriage license was 6050906.  I still don't know if it's Crable or Grable from the hand written record, although on the marriage index it's printed as Crable.
                In the Harrison Township, Vigo County, 1850 Census, he is listed as William Faris, with Elizabeth age 20, and their first child, Benjamin age 2.  William is listed as a Cooper; he's aged 25.  His real name is William H. Farris.
                I would like to know the real last name, and Elizabeth's (Betsy) parents.  Here's what I know about her: b. 19 April 1830, Indiana, d. 7 Nov 1877, Illinois
                Her first child was born in Indiana, Benjamin F. Farris  b. 28 Oct. 1848.  Several years later, they moved to Illinois, and the following children were born in Illinois:  Helen, Georgeane, Emma, Edward E., William D. and John C. Thanks very much.

Mardena Waller
Santa Barbara CA
ahummgingbird@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment