Saturday, August 4, 2018

Query: Ina Aurora/Amanda Dyer, Owen County


            I have been trying for some time to find the birth certificate for my grandmother, Ina Aurora/Amanda Dyer. According to my information, she was born in Vilas, Indiana which is in Owen County. Her date of birth was April 5, 1886. When she and my grandfather married in Athol, Idaho, on June 28, 1905, her name on the marriage application and the marriage certificate was Ina Aurora, not Ina Amanda as she was called most of her life.

            Her mother was Sarah Elizabeth (Sally) Neill/O’Neill (born 1854 in Indiana). Sally's family had deep ties to Indiana for many generations. Her father's name was Henry Edward Dyer (born 1849 in Virginia). Sally and Henry Edward had several children born in Vilas, Owen County, but I can't find any birth certificate information about any of them.

            I would appreciate any help you can give.



Trudy Handel

23395 0 Avenue

Langley, BC V2Z2X3 Canada
trudy.handel@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment