Saturday, March 26, 2016

Query: Samuel and Sarah Dean, Loudoun Co., VA



            I've been researching my four grandparents lines for over 15 years. Most of my efforts on my father's line. Several years ago I discovered my 5th great grandfather and wife, Samuel and Sarah Dean of Loudoun Co. VA in 1760 tithables schedules.
            One of Samuel's grandsons was interviewed by his local newspaper in 1872 in Pike Co. OH. He told the story of his parents, grandparents and his children and spouses. In that interview, he stated his grandfather was: "born in Ireland of English descent". I've never been able to find a birth or death date for Samuel or Sarah.
            Out of frustration I contacted the Ulster Foundation in April 2015 and hired researchers to search for early records on Samuel b. 1720-40 in Northern Ireland with no success. Since Loudoun Co., VA, is not a seaport, I've never been able to determine when or where he arrived in the colonies.
            It is my understanding that large numbers of English residents of Northern Ireland (Scots-Irish) left for the colonies for Philadelphia in the 1740-1770 time period. My frustration now is lack of consolidated on-line lists of those ship passenger lists.
            Can you advise? Thank You


Mike Dean
3054 Childers Rd.
Gosport, IN 47433
mmikedean1@aol,com

No comments:

Post a Comment