Sunday, August 2, 2009

Query: HASKIN/HOLMES of Wayne County

I am looking for any information on my great-grandparents Sarah Jane Haskins and John Holmes who were married 18 June 1883 in Wayne County, Indiana. Sarah Jane Haskins' mother was Caroline Haskins (born in England, died in Dublin, Wayne County, Indiana in 1911) and her father was Henry Haskins, a baker who was born in England. Sarah Jane Haskins was born in 1863 in Bristol, England.

I have a marriage license for the 1883 marriage in Wayne County, but it only gives her and John's names. I am looking to locate a marriage certificate with the parents' names, professions and any other details.

The only information I have on my great-grandfather John Holmes is that he was born about 1864 and that he and his wife settled in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England in 1884 where they lived and died and brought up their family. I made contact with the Clark County records office and was most greatful for the marriage license they sent me. I have even called from here in the UK but could not get any more information.

I would be most greatful if anyone can help me with any information what soever, many thanks.

Submitted by:
Gary Holmes
g_holmes@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment