Saturday, March 28, 2009

Query: LANGSTON of Lake County

I am trying to find the death record and burial information for my grandfather, Robert Gardner Langston, who died in August 1943 at his summer home in Crown Point, Lake County, Indiana. I would also like to find out when he bought/rented/leased the property where he died. The family immigrated from Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England, in the late 1880's or early 1890's to Chicago, Illinois. They resided in the River Forest district of Chicago on the 1900 census. In the 1910 census there was no record of them there, and by that time my father was in Canada and his sister was probably married and living in Missouri. I think my grandfather Robert had split from his wife by that time(my grandmother going to live with her daughter) and that he had moved to Crown Point. Does anyone have access to the 1910 census that can check for him in Lake County?

Submitted by:
Mrs. Rosa E.M. Clowater
49 Van Dyke St.
Kamloops, British Columbia
Canada V2B 4G2
icuR2yys4me@shaw.ca

1 comment:

  1. Rosa,

    You can contact the Lake County Board of Health at 2293 N. Main Building A
    Crown Point, IN 46307 Ph# 219-755-3661 to get a death certificate for any who died in Crown Point. You also might want to go to the Lake County Library (www.lakeco.lib.in.us) website and use the "Ask the Librarian" button to request the librarian to look in the cemetery Indexes and City Directories for you ancestor.
    Good Luck with your search,
    Marlene Polster
    Lake County Genealogist
    lakecogen@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete