Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Query: Edward E. Taylor, Evansville, Indiana



            I am looking for information about my husband's great-grandfather. The story that has been told to the family is that he was a "river rat" orphan. I have a copy of his death certificate from IL, and it states that Edward E. Taylor was born in Evansville, IN on October 2, 1874, but the mother and father's names and birthplaces are listed as unknown.

            The 1910 and 1920 census lists his parents as born in Indiana, but I don't know how accurate this is. I am looking to see if there are any records from this time that might list him and his parent’s names, as I know that birth certificates were not issued for about 10 years after he was born.

            Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!



Aline McGivern
841 W 4th St.
Hinsdale, IL 60521
alinemcgivern@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment