Free Databases:- Directory of Businesses in New Castle, Henry County, Indiana (1930)
Browsable digital images of listings from a 1930 business directory for the town of New Castle. This database was contributed by Wayne Klusman.
- Roster of 72nd Indiana Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War (1861-1865)
Broweable digital images of listings of the soldiers in each company, as listed in an 1882 history of the regiment. This database was contributed by Barbara Westfall.
Premium Databases:These collections are available to IGS members. Not a member? Join today and get access to these and 1,700 more collections!
- Alumni of Nappanee High School, Elkhart County, Indiana (1939)
Browseable digital images of a listing of alumni who had graduated in 1939, as listed in Nappanee High School's 1940 yearbook, Napanet 1940. This listing includes their location and their occupation.
- Students of Alva Neal High School, Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana (1938)
Browsable digital images of students in grades 9 through 12, as listed in Alva Neal High School's 1938 yearbook, The 1938 Kite.
- Teachers of Alva Neal High School, Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana (1938)
Browsable digital images of teachers in grades 9 through 12, as listed in Alva Neal High School's 1938 yearbook, The 1938 Kite.
- History of Warrick County, Indiana (1813-1880)
Browsable digital images detailing the history of the county from its formation, as listed in an 1880 atlas of the county.
- Selected Residents of Warrick County, Indiana (1880)
Browsable digital images of a listing of some residents, as listed in an 1880 atlas of the county. This listing includes their occupation, birthplace, and the year they settled in the county.
Indiana State Prison South:
- Prisoners Who Died At Indiana State Prison South, Jeffersonville, Indiana (1846-1894)
An index of 400 prisoners who died at the state prison in Jeffersonville, as listed in the institution's annual reports. The listing includes their date of death and cause of death (if known). NOTE: From 1822 through 1858, Jeffersonville was the only state prison; beginning in 1858, it only housed prisoners from the southern half of the state. It closed in 1897.