Thursday, April 21, 2016

Query: Charles Maudlin, Grant County



            In the 1840 Indiana Census my relatives were in Grant County, Indiana. Charles Maudlin ( Modlin) and his wife Mary Holt Maudlin are found in that census. I believe that they lived in the area until their deaths that may be around 1850.
            I am trying to establish that Charles is my ancestor; that their sons were Jesse Holt and Nathan Maudlin ( who is my confirmed ancestor). Jesse is found in 1840 in Randolph County and in 1850 in Miami County, then Jesse takes his family to Iowa.
            Note: I don't need any thing for Jesse or Nathan.  Nathan died in the Civil War, and he lived in Howard County,  where I was born. What I need is more on Charles and Mary, if it exists. Let me know who to contact, if this is the wrong place. Thanks.

Wayne Maudlin
waynemaudlin@comcast.net



No comments:

Post a Comment