Monday, April 18, 2016

Query: Abraham Gillespie, Gibson County



             I am looking for information on my great-great-great-grandfather, Abraham Gillespie.  He was born in 1798 in Knox County TN. He left Knox County in 1824 and went to Lincoln County, Tennessee and from there to Indiana in 1848.
            He had 2 brothers and 4 sisters that came to Indiana with him.  He had six  children:
Thomas Harvey born 1823,Wahling born 1831, Margaret Ann born 1833, James born 1835, Jacob born 1836, and Martha (birth unknown).
            Abraham died in 1867 in Gibson County, Indiana, and buried in the Archer Cemetery.  I believe his father’s name in Isaac Gillespie and came from Scotland, but I have no proof of that.
I would like any information regarding his parents and siblings. Thanks.

Doris Shambrook
3911 Mason Dr.
Lincoln, NE  68521
Shambrookd@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Doris, Abraham was also my 4xgg. I have no information on his parents at all. I have studied his estate probate records extensively and know he was likely married twice, but have a lot of discrepancies as to whether his first wife was Jane McConnell and his second Sarah (possibly) Higginbothem. This part is quite confusing and many researchers disagree.

    ReplyDelete