Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Query: Christopher Weaver, Marion, Indiana



            My name is Betty Weaver (maiden) I have been doing research on my Weaver Family from Indiana for the past 20 plus years. They came out of Virginia and one John Weaver, who paid $125.00 for one square mile of land, and it was called the “Weaver Settlement”.
            I was invited there to the reunion the citizens were having in 1978 and met one lady by the name of Opha Betts in Marion, Indiana. It was the thrill of a lifetime for me to find the place my great-grandfather lived. His name was Christopher Weaver, born in 1841.
            He served in the Civil War and was wounded from the results of an explosive. He left Indiana and headed for Kansas and ended up in Arizona where he died in 1928/9.
            I have been putting the information into a “story” about him and trying to find some very old pictures of the people and relationship that somehow is part of mine.  It is a long story from those days to now, you know.
            I was hoping that you could help me find some very old black/white old photographs of some of the Older Weaver Settlers from there. I know it’s a long way from then, but the curiosity still persists on wanting to know a little bit about those times to leave behind for my family to know.
            Could you help?  I hope I am not being intrusive by asking.   

Betty Ford
Cbillyd4@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment