Monday, June 17, 2013

Query: John Klen, Lake County, Indiana



            I am looking for information on John Klen Sr. He was born in 1869 in Czechoslovakia and died July 27, 1939, Whiting, Lake County, Indiana. The information that I need is the names of his parents.     
            According to my uncle, we have Klen relatives in Indiana, but he does not remember any names, just that he was a politician. I searched many places including history and genealogy books and found nothing on him, his parents or siblings.
            I saw the requirements for ordering death certificates in Indiana, and I don't think I will be able to get a death certificate. Any help would be great.

Sincerely,

Frankie Klen
7855 Foxboro Drive
Coal City, IL 60416
 frankiecc7855@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. I emailed you some information, including obituary information from findagrave.com Looks like they were prominent here in Northwest Indiana.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to check out the local genealogy society website at NWIGS.org There are some KLEN's that immigrated 1896. I don't know if they are yours or not.

    Marlene Petty Polster
    Lake County Genealogist

    ReplyDelete