Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Query: Probate Records for Sherod Brock, Delaware County, Indiana


This is a general question: Where are the probate records for Delaware County for the 1850s? I have tried to get an answer from the county historical society, but have received no response or county offices. I thought they were at Ball State, but they seem to have been moved since the last time I was there - and of course, I was not looking for this person then!

The person of interest is: Sherod Brock (b. VA, 1781; d. IN 185?; m. Mary Stout @1810), probable father of Jacob Brock (1825-1886) of Delaware Co. Sherod shows up in all Delaware Co. census records from 1830-1850, and apparently died in the 1850s. There is a Sherod Brock that is shown to have died in Harrison Co. in 1858, who some have as the father of Jacob, but show no proof, and since that researcher missed the son Jackson, who was living with him in 1850, I have doubts. Other researchers have no problem listing Sherod as Jacob's father, but I'm a bit more OCD in my documentation. I'm getting ready to claim him though - my DNA hits every one of his known children. I just want SOMETHING definite for a solid connection, and I think the probate may be what I am looking for.

Thank you!!

Merryann Palmer
merryann@palmersrv.com
360 E Tuttle Rd Lot 53
Ionia MI 48846

No comments:

Post a Comment