Thursday, January 23, 2020

QUERY: Howard Andrew Pinson Smith, Vigo/Vermillion County, Indiana


My father, Howard Andrew Pinson Smith was born May 11, 1906 to Roy Harrington SMITH and Ethel Mae (or Mae Ethel) Pinson. I have been trying to find a record of his birth. Many years ago he told me he was born in Libertyville (Vigo Co) but others in the family thought that he and all of his siblings were born in Clinton (Vermillion Co). He was the first child born to this couple and when they married she had been living in Clinton and he in Libertyville. It occurred to me that perhaps his mother went "home" to her parents who may have been living in Edgar Co Illinois at the time of his birth. Several years ago, I called both Vigo County and Vermillion County offices and both told me there was no record of his birth. Would it serve any purpose to visit the county clerk’s offices in those locations? I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Patricia L. Smith Deutsch
5905 Seward Park Ave South
Seattle, WA 98118
pldeutsch44@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment