Thursday, January 23, 2020

Query: Nathan and Mary Wyatt, Jackson Township, DeKalb County


I am still fairly new to genealogical research . . starting a little over a year ago and I am looking for any IGS members that may have researched Nathan & Mary Wyatt.  I have done a surname search on the IGS website and Wyatt did not show up. The Wyatt's were early settlers of Jackson Township, DeKalb County.  Also, looking for researchers of James Pratt & Ann Wyatt Plummer.  (James was the first school teacher in Jackson Township and is the brother of Luther Thomas Martin Plummer, whose wife and child were kidnapped by Comanche at Fort Parker, Texas - the movie “The Searchers” starring John Wayne is based on this incident).
My connection: Nathan and Mary Wyatt are my 4x great grandparents and James P and Ann are my 3x great grandparents.  I would like to learn more about these individuals. I have traveled to DeKalb County, and found James P Plummer’s grave. Up until then, it wasn’t listed on Findagrave nor on Ancestry – it is now. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your time.

Joyce Hemphill
Rosen.hemphill@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment