Need a reason to attend the Indiana Genealogical Society's Annual Conference on Saturday, April 28, 2012 at the Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne, Indiana? Here are a dozen of them:
1. Learn from a national speaker at a bargain price in your backyard!
2. Find out more about the military’s efforts to utilize genealogists to help return missing soldier’s remains to their next of kin.
3. Get re-motivated to dig into your family history research by spending time with other genealogists.
4. Cheer on the award winners for their excellent examples of leadership and inspiration. They are the movers and shakers of IGS.
5. Learn how to use online genealogy websites FamilySearch.org and Ancestry.com effectively in your research.
6. Learn tips to get the most out your ancestors’ records.
7. Attend the IGS annual meeting and find out what’s happening with the society.
8. Enjoy refreshments from the Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana.
9. Research at the Allen County Public Library’s Genealogy Center, the 2nd largest genealogy collection in the United States.
10. Engage with societies from across Indiana in the vendor’s hall.
11. Meet the inaugural class of the Territorial Guard Society of Indiana and the newest class of the Society of Civil War Families of Indiana.
12. Support your state society! Let Ohio know that there are genealogists next door, too!
Registration is $30 for Indiana Genealogical Society members, $40 for non-members. Registration must be received by April 26th. Walk-ins ($45) will be welcome.