Saturday, October 10, 2009

Query: WARD/SMITH/PARKER of St. Joseph County

I am looking for confirmation of my great grandmother's parents. My great grandmother's name is Emma Leona Ward and was born in St. Joseph County (South Bend) Indiana on May 1, 1881. I believe her parents to be Lilly Smith and Nathan Ward, who married sometime in 1880 in St. Joseph County and divorced shortly after. I am unable to find a census to confirm their cohabitation and child. Lilly Smith later married a man named William Parker who immigrated to Canada in 1900. They are listed on the 1901 Canadian Census as living beside Emma and her husband. Any confirmation that Lilly Smith and Nathan Ward were actually her parents would be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Carolin Harris
282 King St,
Amherstburg, Ontario
N9V 2C6 Cananda
carharr@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment