Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Query: Hughes Family of Warrick and Vanderburgh Counties


I am trying to find anything on my family. What I have found so far: My great-great-grandparents Samuel W. Hughes, who came from Wales, married Martha Jane Gray in Warrick County, Indiana.

I found they were living in the Evansville, IN, area and are both buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Evansville, along with some children. I can't find anything on my great-grandfather, James Samuel Hughes, Sr. and great-grandmother Lizzie Prepstel (She was born in Evansville to Peter Prepstel and Margartha Rocket, who both came from Hesse, Germany, I think.) I know my grandfather died in 1930 at the age of 29 in Evansville and is buried in Locust Hill Cemetery in Evansville. Is there any way to find if either family has any living relatives still in the area?

Greg Hughes
10075 E Margaret Dr.
Terre Haute, IN 47803
gah042651@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment