Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Query: Julius Caesar Mead

I have been researching my paternal great-grandmother​ for a number of years to no avail. I know our paternal Mead line, as my brother submitted a YDNA and we verified that line. My great-grandfather was Julius Caesar Mead, Jr., and he was married to a woman named Susan or Susanna (it shows up different in several censuses.)

On my grandfather's death certificate, it lists his mother's name as Stout. However, I'm not sure that is correct as it might have been a guess at something that sounded like Stout. Somewhere I got the last name as Faust or Foust, but I'm not even sure of that. Her dates of birth range from 1828 to 1833 depending on who she might be connected to. She was born in Pennsylvania, and they were married 28 Jun 1849 in Crawford County, PA.

They were living in Richland, DeKalb County, IN, in the 1860 census and then Polk, Marshall County, in 1880. She was buried in the Morris Cemetery, Marshall County, between 1890 and 1900. They had seven children. My grandfather was Reuben Augustus Mead. Any insight as to where to continue my search would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Carole Walsh (Carol Mead)
P.O. Box 3094
Lebanon, TN 37088
cewalsh35@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I am a descendent to a Julius Mead that was married to Arsenath. My great great grand father was named after his father or grandfather. Obviously the last name is different but I am trying to do family history and having problems. Hopefully we can help each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a descendent to a Julius Mead that was married to Arsenath. My great great grand father was named after his father or grandfather. Obviously the last name is different but I am trying to do family history and having problems. Hopefully we can help each other

    ReplyDelete