Thursday, December 19, 2013

Query: Koch Family, DeKalb County



Has anyone done the walk thru for the cemetery book of Riverside Cemetery, Newville Township, DeKalb County, Indiana?
I have at least 3 generations of grandparents buried there, one with a missing stone. Does anyone maintain the records for this cemetery? Buried there are Joseph Koch (Civil War vet), his son Wilson and family, and my grandmother Addie Mae Thorpe (Koch), married to Emmitt LeRoy Koch.
The missing stone for Addie (born 16 Sept 1889, died 22 Dec 1936) was a small stone with just an ”A” on the stone. I was looking for records to see if my grandfather Roy (born 21 July 1887, died 8 May 1965) might be buried next to her, although he died in Lakeview, Ohio, in 1965. I don't know where my father had him buried.
I would be willing to walk this cemetery and take pictures and map out what I can from the stones when warmer weather arrives, for the cemetery book that IGS is putting together. I am a member. Thanks for your time.
Robert D Koch
5503 Hunter Rd.
Enon, Ohio 45323
bobkoch5629@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment