- Cynthia L. Blicher for documenting her ancestor Gideon Brayton in the county in 1833
- James A. Pike, Taylor Nicole Townsend, Michael Evans Townsend and Patricia Ann Lyke Townsend for documenting their ancestor, James Gordon, in the county in 1832.
Pioneer Family certificates (for ancestors residing in the county from 1841 to 1860) were awarded to:
- Monica Nowatzke for documenting her ancestor William Zeese in the county in 1853.
- Colin James Hay, Elizabeth Ann Hay, Edward Andrew Hay and Eliot Anthony Hay for documenting their ancestor Daniel Nelson Hay in the county in 1855.
- Karen Louise Peters for documenting her ancestor Henry Haack.
- Bruce R. Johnson for documenting his ancestors Johannes Olson and Daniel Johnson for the same period - one certificate for each ancestor.
Documents supporting these and prior certificates are on file at the La Porte County Historical Society. The society has awarded a total of 259 certificates since the program began in 1987.
Applications for 2013 certificates are now being accepted. Applications and documentation must be received no later than July 31, 2013. For more information, please visit http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~inlcigs/categories.htm.