Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Query: DeGROFFT / DeGRAFT / DeGROFF / DeGROFT / JOHNSON of Fountain County

I am working on my family history and know that my 5th Great Grandfather was buried in "Fountain, IN" on 14 OCT 1846 (I don't know if this was Fountain City or Fountain County, so I am trying to search both areas without much success thus far). He moved his family from Butler County, Ohio, in 1820 and had a son somewhere in Indiana. He was married 19AUG1819 in Butler County, Ohio and I do have that Marriage Record.

I am looking for help with two items: (1) How can I search the cemeteries local to Fountain City & Fountain County, IN to see if he is buried in the local area? NAME: Aaron DeGROFFT, died 14OCT1846 - wife was Anna JOHNSTON - alternate spellings could be DeGRAFT, DeGROFF, DeGROFT, etc . (2) How might I locate a birth certificate for his son Aaron L. (L might be for Lyman) DeGROFFT born 18AUG1820 in Indiana - I don't have a specific birth city? (he died in Illinois)So far, I have not been successful in locating this information in spite of various internet searches. Any and all help you might be able to provide would be most appreciated.

Shari DeGrofft Powell
445 Sundance Drive
Windsor, CO 80550
sharilpowell@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment