Friday, August 31, 2007

Query:Russell/Asher/McGuire/Baker/Holton of Clinton County

John Thomas Russell is my 2nd great-grandfather. He was born in Virginia (probably somewhere near Charles Parish, York) in 1804. His parents' names were Thomas James Russell and Sarah Asher who lived in Charles Parish, York, VA, along with his sibling, Richard Russell. (Richard also moved to Indiana.) Sometime early in life he moved to Clinton County, and may have already been married to Jane McGuire or Elizabeth Baker. We have not been able to find a specific death date, but I think it was in 1866 in Clinton County. There is also great confusion regarding his wives -he may have had three of them: Jane McGuire, Elizabeth Baker and Mary J. Holton. Does anyone have ideas of where I could search for specific documentation or would someone who reads this be willing to look for me? I have spent 40 years looking for this man and he is driving me crazy!!!!


Janet Sincavage
101 North View Dr.
Pineville, LA 71360
jlsincavage@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment