Sunday, March 13, 2016

Query: Francois Joseph Schlosser, Dearborn County

I am trying to find the name of my great-grandfather's uncle whose farm was my ancestor's destination when he left Mothern, Alsace, France, in 1850, sailing from LeHavre on the S. S. Callender, into the port of New Orleans. He worked for a while in that port, so would have arrived in Indiana in 1850-1852.

My ancestor's name was Francois Joseph Schlosser. His uncle's last name would likely have been Schlosser, Stupfel, or Bechtel. I don't know the area of Indiana, but suspect it might have been Dearborn County, because of other Alsatian ancestors who settled there (the Maffeys, the Mayer/Meyers, among others). My ancestor eventually settled in Covington, Kentucky. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Susan Court
1515 Jefferson Davis Highway, Apt. 1617
Arlington, VA 22202
sjcourt@mindspring.com

No comments:

Post a Comment