Thursday, March 26, 2015

Query: Oglesby Sweeney/Moore, Lawrence County



                My great-grandfather, Oglesby Moore, was born in January 1888 to a Thomas & Isis Sweeney. When he was four years old, he was adopted by a Jackson Moore along with his half-sister, Gertrude. That's why my Mom's maiden name was Nina Moore.
                Grandpa Oglesby was born in Avoca, Lawrence County, Indiana, and my Mom & Dad were, too. I was born in Dunn Memorial Hospital in 1941in Bedford, and spent many summers there with both grandparents. My grandpa Moore worked in the fish hatchery and my other grandfather May in the stone quarries. We lived in Indiana until I was 6, but then moved here to PA. I have many cousins left in Bedford, but, unfortunately my Uncles & Aunts are gone.
                We can find nothing at all about Thomas Sweeney except that he was born in Illinois in 1848, making him 40 when Oglesby was born. The birth certificate says they were married but we can't even find that! Can you help?

Sara May Pera
842 Glenn St.
Philadelphia, PA 19115
nursesally0@comcast.net


No comments:

Post a Comment