Free Database:Soldiers of Monroe County, Indiana Who Received Pensions (1883)
This database includes Bloomington-area veterans, widows, and children, as found on an 1883 federal government list of pensioners. Service was for the War of 1812 through the Civil War.
Members-Only Databases:IGS members can access these resources when they log in. Not a member? Join now!
- Founding Members of Kingston Presbyterian Church, Decatur County, Indiana (1823)
Fifty members who founded what was originally known as Sand Creek Church, as abstracted from a 75th anniversary booklet.
- Students of Marion High School, Grant County, Indiana (1935)
- Teachers of Marion High School, Grant County, Indiana (1935)
Searchable digital images from the school's 1935 yearbook, The Cactus. The yearbook includes information on grades 7 through 12.
- Students of Crawfordsville High School, Montgomery County, Indiana (1951)
- Teachers of Crawfordsville High School, Montgomery County, Indiana (1951)
Searchable digital images from the school's 1951 yearbook, Athenian. The yearbook includes information on grades 10 through 12.
Indiana Boys School:
- Graduates of Charlton High School, Indiana Boys' School, Plainfield, Indiana (1925-1927)
Indiana's only juvenile reform school had its own commissioned high school. See the names and class of 230 boys who graduated from it, as abstracted from commencement programs.
Central Normal College, Danville:
- Directory of Students at Central Normal College (1940-1941)
This database includes 400 students at one of the state's largest institutions for training to be a teacher, as listed in a student directory for the 1940-1941 school year. Includes name, class, and hometown.
University of Notre Dame:
- Students of University of Notre Dame (1877-1878)
This database includes 575 young men and their home states (ranging from Alabama to the Idaho Territory), as abstracted from the school's annual catalogs for the 1876-1877 and 1877-1878 school years.
Taylor University, Upland:
- Students of Taylor University (1955)
This database includes 400 students at one of the state's oldest evangelical Christian colleges, as abstracted from the school's annual catalog for the 1954-1955 school year. Includes the student's name, class, and hometown.
|From Marion High School Seniors, 1935; The Cactus yearbook.|