Monday, December 15, 2014

Query: Thomas, Alonzo, Platoff Bush; Vanderburgh County



                I am searching for any information on three Civil War soldiers (especially photos or family member data if available).  I live in Florida and have already obtained each soldiers' Civil Car pension records from NARA, but I do not have any of the info, letters, photos, etc. that may exist in various Indiana archives.
                I am hoping you can point me to someone who could assist in locating/sending me any such records.  The soldiers' names are: 1.  Thomas Bush, 2.  Alonzo S. Bush, 3.  Platoff P. Bush
                All were in the 28h Indiana Volunteers and then 1st Cavalry (and may have been assigned to a KY unit at some point).  I could forward the pension histories from the National Archives as well.
                NOTES:  Thomas Bush was the father of Alonzo and Platoff, and he was my gr-gr-Grandfather.  Alonzo had a letter writing campaign with Walt Whitman, and Platoff was later pardoned (supposedly) by Lincoln.
                Any help you may provide would be greatly appreciated, as my long search is now awaiting new paths to find anything on Thomas Bush.  All three enlisted from Evansville, Vanderburgh County.
Kind Regards,

Steve Busch 
stevehbusch@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment