Friday, December 28, 2012

Query: BOYD

I recently discovered two of my ancestors were born in Indiana. My great,great grandfather was named John BOYD and he was born around 1845. His wife was named Mary(maiden name unknown) and was born around 1843. The census records listing their birth years vary. John & Mary were living in Humbolt, Kansas by 1900. I don't have any other information on them at this time. Without knowing what county they came from in Indiana I am having a difficult time locating them in Indiana. Any suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Sheila Western
wconfiaren@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. Regarding my Boyd ancestors: I have discovered some additional information on my great-great grandparents, John & Mary Boyd, which suggest Mary's maiden name may have been "Norton" and she may have been born around 1862 rather than in the 1840's. This information further suggests John may have been born in Feb. 1847, in Princeton, Indiana(Gibson County). Seeking to find more information on these individuals and their families that lived in Indiana. Sheila

    ReplyDelete