Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Query: RYAN/MAHER of Daviess County

I am looking for information on Stephen (Leo?) Ryan b-cir 1848, came to US cir 1864. I know he ended up in Washington IN and married Catherine Maher b- 8-18-1887, daughter of John Maher and Mary Lance Maher.

Stephen and Catherine Ryan moved to Craighead County AR, along with 5-7 children. Both Stephen and Catherine died and are buried in Jonesboro AR.

I was told that Stephen and his 2 brothers came from Tipperary Ireland. I do not know the brother's names, if they all came to the US at the same time and did they all go the the same area of IN? I am not 100% sure Stephen's middle name was Leo, but his son and grandson were named Stephen Leo Ryan, so...

Carol Cannon
616 Sheridan Dr.
Chaffee, MO 63740
CRCANNON1@YAHOO.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment