Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Query: Thompson of Knox County

My father, Paul Hazel Thompson, was born in Vincennes, Knox County, Indiana on November 15, 1920. We have never been able to find a birth certificate for him--in fact, his aunts had to sign a statement verifying his date and place of birth when he enlisted in the Army during World War II.

I found his mother on the 1910 census in Black Dog/Osage/Oklahoma Territory. I got the name of his father, Fred Thompson, from a distant cousin in the last couple of months.

According to family stories, my father's parents, Fred Thompson and Muriel/Merle/Murlie Thomason, were killed in a car accident when he was about 3 years old (which would be around 1923-1924?). My great-aunt refused to discuss their deaths and this is the only information I have.

I found a record for a Frederick C. Thompson who died in Indiana on July 16, 1925, but I am not sure where. Any ideas for where to look would be appreciated.


Terri (Thompson) Trevino
5804 Providance Place
Cheyenne, WY 82001-7446
mtnestx2@bresnan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment