Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Query: Brown/Hendricks of Montgomery County

I am seeking information about my great-great-grandfather, Dillon Brooks Brown. He was born April 26, 1826. He came by wagon train from Washington County, Ohio as a small child. As they traveled from Ohio, his parents were killed in a wagon train accident near Crawfordsville, Montgomery County, Indiana. He had one brother and they were each taken in by different families and lost contact. He remained in the Crawfordsville area and married Susannah Hendricks March 7, 1850 in Montgomery County. This history was told to me by my father and uncle. I cannot find any other information about him while he lived in Indiana or any record of the wagon train accident. I do not know his parents' names. I also would be interested to know Susannah Hendricks parents' names and her siblings.

Patricia (Brown) Keesling
pattyann836@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment